We provide binary packages for Windows (32/64-bit), MacOS, and Linux (32/64-bit), both for CafeOBJ build with Allegro CL and SBCL (Windows builds of SBCL are currently not available):
- MacOS 64-bit: cafeobj-1.5.7-sbcl-x64Darwin.tar.gz
- Linux 64-bit: cafeobj-1.5.7-sbcl-x64Linux.tar.gz
- Linux 32-bit: cafeobj-1.5.7-sbcl-x32Linux.tar.gz
- Windows 64-bit: cafeobj-1.5.7-acl-x64Windows.zip
- Windows 32-bit: cafeobj-1.5.7-acl-x86Windows.zip
- MacOS: cafeobj-1.5.7-acl-x64Darwin.tar.gz
- Linux 64-bit: cafeobj-1.5.7-acl-x64Linux.tar.gz
- Linux 32-bit: cafeobj-1.5.7-acl-x32Linux.tar.gz
Installation instructions for the binary distribution
Obtain one of the above two zip files, and unpack them. Double-click on CafeOBJ.exe in the unpacked directory.
The above binary distributions are conforming to GNU standards, that is contain directories bin, lib, and share. You can either unpack them into /usr/local by
cd /usr/local tar -xvzf /cafeobj-VERSION-LISP-ARCH.tar.gz
and get going, or, if you prefer to have separation, install it into /opt/cafeobj and add /opt/cafeobj/bin to the PATH.
Debian and Ubuntu
CafeOBJ is included in Debian starting from Debian/jessie (8.0), and about the same from Ubuntu. Simply use
apt-get install cafeobj
to install it.
For now one needs to add an entry to the MacPorts sources.conf to be able to install CafeOBJ via ports. Necessary steps:
- Add the following line to your MacPorts sources.conf, which usually resides in /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf:
- After that, call the following two commands (as root or with sudo), the first syncronizing the ports, the second one installing CafeOBJ:
port sync port install cafeobj
CafeOBJ interpreter uses Common Lisp as a underlying implementation language, and can be built on one of the following platforms:
All of these Lisp systems are freely available except Allegro CL.
For more information on building see INSTALL in the source distribution.
Sources of the recent releases:
- CafeOBJ 1.5.7: cafeobj-1.5.7.tar.gz
- CafeOBJ 1.5.6: cafeobj-1.5.6.tar.gz
- CafeOBJ 1.5.5: cafeobj-1.5.5.tar.gz
- CafeOBJ 1.5.4: cafeobj-1.5.4.tar.gz
- CafeOBJ 1.5.3: cafeobj-1.5.3.tar.gz
- CafeOBJ 1.5.2: cafeobj-1.5.2.tar.gz
- CafeOBJ 1.5.1: cafeobj-1.5.1.tar.gz
Please use the Github Issue tracker to report bugs, issues, including wishlist items and suggestions for improvement.
The wrapper script allows starting CafeOBJ with different interpreters. That means if you have installed both the sbcl and acl variant, you can run cafeobj --engine acl or cafeobj --engine sbcl to select the engine. Note, if you use the above binary distribution tarballs, the last one unpacked will determine the default engine.
The wrapper has also a command line option --list-engines that lists all available dumps.
Development is done on Github https://github.com/CafeOBJ/cafeobj
Emacs mode for CafeOBJ
The source code contains an Emacs support file for editing and interaction with the CafeOBJ interpreter. The file can also be downloaded from here: cafeobj-mode.el.
Instruction on howto setup this mode can be found in the file itself.
CafeOBJ is provided free of charge under the terms of the BSD license, details can be found in the source distribution in the file COPYING. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY of FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.